Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One of those days

I had one of those "my children are growing up too fast" moments yesterday. I'm sure that its something all parents experience, but it definately hits you hard when you are in the moment. As frustrating as it is at times to have three young children, I wouldn't trade the experience for the world...I am truly blessed to be a parent.
Yesterday, however, I felt a wave of emotions that I wasn't expecting. First is was Rylee. I felt tears coming on as I was in Wal-Mart buying "big girl" underwear for my 2 year-old daughter. Before I know it, a guy will be coming to our door wanting to take her out on a date. I still remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. She followed this big event by giving up her pacifier last night forever...geez, too much to handle in one day!!
Michael had a big day, too. He went to the doctor for his pre-Kindergarten physical. My little man who I met at 9 months old is headed to Kindergarten in a few short weeks. I can't imagine the emotion I will feel when he puts on his first day of school clothing and his new backpark and goes to school for the first time.
Zachary continues to impress me with his intellect. The complexity of our conversations deepen every single day, and he's fast approaching his teenage years. No longer do I think of him as a little boy...he's a young man who'll be taller than me in a few short years.
I'm not quite sure why I decided to write about this. I'm really putting myself out there as a sappy dad, but I'm just so blessed to be a father. Writing this actually makes me feel better, especially knowing that I was able to capture this moment when it happened.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya Mike.. blink and a year goes by.. Having kids really makes it go by. Tempus Fugit.. love, Kelli

    ReplyDelete